Effective July 1, 2015 each sled operating in WI will be required to display a Wisconsin trail pass to be purchased annually. The Act 142 WI Trail Pass Law includes the following changes.
- Creates a two-tiered trail pass requirement at an annual cost of $30/non-member and $10/club & AWSC member.
- Provides a free annual trail pass sticker to be displayed on sleds 30 years and older.
- Increases the non-resident trail pass fee from current $35/year to $50/year.
- Moves to a $30/3 year registration fee structure.
Click here for more information regarding the upcoming changes.
- Includes a 4-year sunset clause which requires evaluation prior to renewal of this law.
CURRENT NON-RESIDENT TRAIL PASS
Coming from out of state?Wisconsin law requires those who use Wisconsin snowmobile trails to display either Wisconsin registration or a snowmobile trail pass. Funds from this program will be designated for use as trail aids and related costs to enhance all Wisconsin snowmobile recreation.The trail pass may be purchased over the counter at many authorized sales locations or by calling WDNR at 1-888-WDNRINFo (1-888-936-7463)The $35.00 non-resident snowmobile trail use pass is valid from July 1st through June 30th.A snowmobile trail pass is required to operate a snowmobile not currently registered in Wisconsin on a snowmobile trail. The snowmobile must be currently registered with another jurisdiction. The trail pass must be permanently affixed by its own adhesive to the bottom center portion of the snowmobile windshield. If there is no windshield, the sticker shall be displayed in a highly visible location on the front of the cowling of the snowmobile. Once affixed, the sticker may not be removed or transferred to another snowmobile.Click here for WI Trail Pass Questions & Answers from the WSN October issue.